The Probe Holder has been designed to be used with the ROV Underwater Thickness Gauge to accurately present the ROV probe onto the surface being measured. The probe holder aligns the probe perfectly on both curved or flat surfaces at any angle. The ingenious design means there are no moving parts to get clogged with silt and seaweed. There is complete freedom of movement in all directions due to the flexible rubber joint. The Probe Holder is made from titanium for lightness and strength.
The probe holder also protects the probe should a collision occur with the surface. The probe can be mounted into the holder with a slight recess to prevent damage to the probe. Measurements are unaffected by the small water gap between the the probe and surface being measured. It is treated like a coating and ignored due to Multiple Echo which ignores the water gap as if it were a coating.
- Automatically aligns the probe on flat and curved surfaces
- No moving parts to get jammed from silt and seaweed
- Lightweight, simple, rugged and robust
- Standard ‘T-bar’ and ‘fishtail’ compatible
- Universal front plate can be fitted with lugs for pipelines
- Allows the probe to be recessed to prevent damage to the probe face
- Can be used with most types of ROV